Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Another One Bites The Dust
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
I'm just baffled at the number of people who "just bit the bullet" and traded-in their car at a financial loss. Yes, I realize there are issues with these cars and I'm quite certain that Ford is aware of it and working on a resolution. Who knows what the solution will be, but in the meantime it seems every week there's a new thread describing how somebody just couldn't take it anymore and traded-in.
Is it really that hard to comprehend how people are disgusted by their BRAND NEW VEHICLE that has more problems than most of their previous vehicles combined, all while Ford service is telling them most of these problems are "normal operation"?

If Ford acknowledged some of these problems in a public statement, and offered to extend warranties on some parts (DCT) I am sure more people would be willing to tough it out for a fix. However, this is not happening.

Ford working on a resolution....comedy gold!

If I were able to take the financial loss right now - I would. I rather lose thousands of dollars than deal with the car. I can 110% sympathize with those who are fed up with this car and Ford's response.