Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Another Sonic Blue SVT
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #96
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 12 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Installed some Christmas presents (from myself, I love getting cash for Xmas!) over the weekend.

From left to right:
Hoen Chromium Indicator lights, Hoen Xenonmatch foglights, Hoen white city lights

Before:

After:

Not much different.. I'm a bit disappointed in the foglights, I was hoping they'd be more white/blue but they still have a bit of yellow in them. They're certainly whiter than the stock foglights, but don't really match the HIDs. I think I have stock 4300k HID bulbs, but it's possible that they've been replaced or have color-shifted, since I bought the lights used.

I do like the chromium indicator light, it is a silver-colored bulb that flashes amber. The amber isn't really that bright, especially in daytime, but it is more orange than my previous bulb, which was nearly white. When off, it looks like this:

Click this link for a video of it flashing.

The city bulbs turned out to be a bust, for now. They're the little lights on the top of the Mach's that are supposed to be on with the indicators and low/high beams. I had thought that my passenger bulb was simply burnt out, but replacing the bulb didn't bring it back, so I'm thinking that I messed up the copper contact when I had the lights apart for painting. I did happen to break the contact and had to solder it back together, and I thought I did an ok job fixing it, but I guess not. For now the bulbs are removed altogether, and I might try to fix the contact again one day if I get ambitious. Looks fine without the city lights though.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 78k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune