Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Anyone tried E85 yet?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #36
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
I'm tired of reading about how everyone and their mother hates E85 on this site. Damn near every other automotive platform enthusiast group has seen the benefits of E85 as a race fuel and adopted ways to use it. But the focus community seems to he behind the times on that.

Now that's what I want to read. I've been running E in mine for a few weeks, and it seems to love it. Factory ECM made some slight tweaks to timing and AFRs and it seems to pull just a Tad bit harder. Its no ST but I feel the car still takes advantage of it.

Fact: gallon for gallon e85 has less power than gasoline. (BTU's) Fact: e85 is corrosive to normal fuel systems. Fact: direct injection engines will maximise gasoline over e85 better than efi systems, so there is no benifit to using e85. Fact: using e85 is conciderd severe driving and increases service intervals= extra costs. Fact: making e85 is using corn. A MAJOR food source. I don't want my food prices rising becuse of SUPID technology. Fact: e85 increases smog production. How about not supporting big governments STUPID policies and support our God given rights to live free? Hippie liberals go home
ST crew #18