unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwcam01 View Post
Itís funny you say that, because mine still shifts hard, loses power, and grinds between 2-3., but only when itís warm outside. Recently, itís been cold here Ė so, Iím with you and waiting until it starts to warm up again to get it to grind consistently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Same here - I can still get it to do it with moderate load and low RPM or up a hill, but it's still too picky for me to convince the dealers it's something I need until it REALLY starts to act up come summer.
Same here as well.

In colder temps, the grind noise is far more brief, if it exhibits at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
The CSM/CSR won't do anything. The dealerships are independent, and Ford has setup some kind of warranty repair reimbursement system that is not favorable to the dealers (otherwise they'd be jumping all over the chance to do a repair). If you want it repaired, you have to be friendly with the service center and probably at multiple dealerships until you find one that is willing to accept non-lucrative warranty work. The grinding, unfortunately, is not easily lemonable as your car is still reliably working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Perhaps "harmless" would be a more appropriate word than "normal".

The noise may be disconcerting but there is no direct evidence that suggests it is harmful.

Keep in mind that the "grinding noise" is not really grinding at all.

That is true, especially if the noise isn't grinding but a sound analogous to that of a grinding. My transmission has been driven for almost 4000 miles, it had 6 miles when I bought it, and apart from "the noise" has remained very smooth. And I've done more city than highway driving, which means more wear.

From what I know, the noise is said to be harmless. If that's the case, there's no problem. Time is the ultimate teller on this, but as long as customers aren't being screwed over... no problem!