Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Springs upgrade question
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
gprr06
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107932
What I Drive: 2012 White 1.6 Ecoboost

FF Reputation: 1 gprr06 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thank you all for helping

My main goal is to make the car less "afloat" in some cases and with less tendency to under steer.
Driving 2nd family car (my daughters) year - 2000 MK1 EURO focus 1.6L Auto transmission (1200KG, 100 BHP once... relatively nose heavy compare to manual one) on the same roads made me see that my MK1 handles noticeably better ,It has 7 years and 51000 miles old Monroe Shocks and almost 100,000 Miles on the roads .
My 2012 FOCUS seems to be too soft but consistent on the bends. CNET Site review describes the focus as "sword with rubber blade" and I feel that the car is very comfortable but not inviting to play - only when you press the car into bends , It wakes up and say: "Hey, why didn't you say before that you came to play?"(:-)
In my country, authorities see car modders as criminals and it is very hard to self import Automotive parts - beside heavy taxes I will need to provide to customs and Transportation Ministry a singed installation agreement between me and shop/Garage authorized by the main (almost only...) Dealer/importer (he will not approve it since he does not import ford performance parts or Steeda's...and for sure, the pars will arrive via 3rd party that "knows " the way and takes his cut more than nicely )
There is importer for V-MAXX Coilovers but my goal is not to do any drop or minimum one and only if it brings significant handling benefits.
These ford springs will probably do better than mine but the way I drive, shocks are must too.
Steeda's, do drop more but little less than coilovers/Eibach Euro pro kit that do 1.18", and since my car has Ti/sport suspension, it will be probable less than 1" for me. For me, Steeda, reflects more of the fun side and the professional approach to it.
Here is Bilsteins for my car or any EURO Focus besides ST:
http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default...3018004&12=130
Thanks guyz
GP