Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #259
agamben0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88778
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan (Sterling Grey)

FF Reputation: 1 agamben0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul21 View Post
The CSM/CSR won't do anything. The dealerships are independent, and Ford has setup some kind of warranty repair reimbursement system that is not favorable to the dealers (otherwise they'd be jumping all over the chance to do a repair). If you want it repaired, you have to be friendly with the service center and probably at multiple dealerships until you find one that is willing to accept non-lucrative warranty work. The grinding, unfortunately, is not easily lemonable as your car is still reliably working.
Good to know. Sort of reinforces my position at this point that I'm not getting anywhere, and I never will, so it's best if I just get rid of it while it has some amount of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Perhaps "harmless" would be a more appropriate word than "normal".

The noise may be disconcerting but there is no direct evidence that suggests it is harmful.

Keep in mind that the "grinding noise" is not really grinding at all.
The noises getting louder and more frequent as time goes on does not give me any amount of confidence that it'll still be drivable a year from now without being constantly bothered by noises and shaking. Harmless or not, it's embarrassing. People ride in my car and ask what the heck is wrong with it.