Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #98
mienna
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97843
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus ST2

FF Reputation: 2 mienna Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
To be fair, I don't want the car reading texts anyway. What I'd really prefer is for a message to pop up on the screen just saying I have a message and who it's from, then going away forever. On my Galaxy Nexus (or RAZR Maxx, I don't remember) it would notify, which was awesome, but it would also keep an "Unread" notification on the screen at all times until I went through and deleted them from MFT. I'd have to do it every time...it was obnoxious.

But either way no systems really seem to work well with iOS6 on the iPhone 5. Apple didn't include official MAP support, I understand, but there are ways around it.
That's a good point about the notifications. To be honest, I don't really care about the car reading the texts. Usually, I keep my phone in the console so I like when the screen tells me I have a text and who it is from. When I didn't have messaging working, I could be receiving texts and I wouldn't know about them until I got my phone when I was leaving the car. At least this way, I can call them back. Until they let you dictate texts by voice, the entire procedure is fairly useless. I definitely agree that having to go in and delete individual texts is a major pain in the ass.

This is also my last Apple phone, I'm buying a Nexus 4 when they get back in stock.