Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 focus
Thread: 2012 focus
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #55
Diamondback
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108100
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Diamondback Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi all I've been following this forum since 11/11 finally got around to registering. I bought a '12 SE sedan with DCT 12/12. It ran like a Swiss watch for 12-13k then started getting an intermittent clutch chatter in 2nd gear that got progressively worse until the weather got cooler. We had a warm spell in December so I took it to my dealer with a very detailed description of when it does it and what kind of driving it takes to duplicate it along with telling them that it is in fact leaking oil inside the bellhousing. They were very nice and gave me a loaded Milan for a loaner. I told them that as long as they don't smoke in it the tech, shop foreman, service writer, service manager or general manager was welcome to use it as their personal car, just don't call me and say it "did not verify". Guess what 3 days later I got the DNV call. I asked about the leak and they said yes it is leaking and they put dye in the engine oil and want it back in 1K miles. It goes back Wednesday so we'll see how that goes. By the way to all that have felt offended by the way they have been treated by their service adviser or talked to like they don't know what they are talking about I've been an ASE Master Technician since 1985 and they treat me the same way.

I read a post about public knowledge about TSBs, in case it isn't known there are several non manufacturer shop manual services that provide quarterly TSB updates. One of those service companies is owned by a national parts chain. So the guy that was a stock broker up to 2008 and is now a part store parking lot master tech with an OBD II code reader also has access to TSBs and is more than willing to print them out for anybody.