Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #80
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mienna View Post
If I'd been treated like they treated you, I'm sure I would have moved on from Ford in a big hurry. My family and I have been fortunate to not have any serious problems with any of our Ford cars/trucks. In addition, our dealer has been excellent in regards to customer service. It's unfortunate that Ford's dealership service levels are such a crapshoot and to pile insult upon injury, the corporate representation was no help.

P.S. The "complicated procedure" I had to do to enable messaging was simply "reverse" pairing the phone from the MFT screen, rather than automatically pairing from the phone. Once again, I seem to have lucked out where so many others have experienced infuriating errors.
To be fair, I don't want the car reading texts anyway. What I'd really prefer is for a message to pop up on the screen just saying I have a message and who it's from, then going away forever. On my Galaxy Nexus (or RAZR Maxx, I don't remember) it would notify, which was awesome, but it would also keep an "Unread" notification on the screen at all times until I went through and deleted them from MFT. I'd have to do it every time...it was obnoxious.

But either way no systems really seem to work well with iOS6 on the iPhone 5. Apple didn't include official MAP support, I understand, but there are ways around it.