Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #79
mienna
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97843
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus ST2

FF Reputation: 2 mienna Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
I understand that, and I'm sorry if my posts seem derogatory toward any other opinions or the forum in general. I don't mean to necessarily oppose anyone else.

As rev said, there does seem to be a good amount of Mazda3 bashing in this thread, and I *was* opposed to those viewpoints. There are plenty of Mazda3s that are not great, but I'd hazard a guess to say that it's less than the number of Focuses that have issues. I'm not saying trading in for a Mazda3 is a great or bad decision...simply that it was the OP's decision and people shouldn't bust his balls about it.

Like I said, the only thing that gets me a bit riled is when people attempt to make it seem like the issues with the Focus are minuscule or not a problem and basically say that anyone complaining about the problems is either just a whiner or exaggerating. That bugs me.
If I'd been treated like they treated you, I'm sure I would have moved on from Ford in a big hurry. My family and I have been fortunate to not have any serious problems with any of our Ford cars/trucks. In addition, our dealer has been excellent in regards to customer service. It's unfortunate that Ford's dealership service levels are such a crapshoot and to pile insult upon injury, the corporate representation was no help.

P.S. The "complicated procedure" I had to do to enable messaging was simply "reverse" pairing the phone from the MFT screen, rather than automatically pairing from the phone. Once again, I seem to have lucked out where so many others have experienced infuriating errors.