scada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107778
What I Drive: 2013, Silver, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 scada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Whenever the sync voice is speaking you can just turn the volume up and down at the car and it then changes the volume for this afaik so again its not really useful to me.
I know the volume does not seem to make any sense. BTW have you tried the software that will report back to the Sync website which version of the sync software you have? I tried it and am not sure if it worked or not.

Oh, also I changed my oil yesterday and I reset the oil life monitor, have you ever done that? You just depress both the brake and accelerator and a dialogue pops up on the driver screen, problem is there is nothing in the dialogue that tells you to wait what seemed like over a minute. I kept stopping thinking it had taken the reset. Finally I thought what if I hold it forever will the dialogue change. Sure enough it finally said 'reset complete' or something to that effect.

That is my issue with the Sync, there is not much feedback over what it is doing nor what you should do.

Eventually you will get used to it. I have had the car for over a week now so I am figuring out how to navigate it and learning the idiosyncrasies. But still I wish it was more elagent.