Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Blown valve cover gasket + sludge in air box
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 2,942, Level 33
Points: 2,942, Level: 33 Points: 2,942, Level: 33 Points: 2,942, Level: 33
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 41%
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%
FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, the PCV simply plugs into grommet like most. The rubber right angle turn atop it generally breaks once old enough, the cat heat cooks it. Can't get the bend without buying more hose than necessary, about $25ish at Ford, all to get $2 part. I simply added a loop of PCV straight to attach at 1/4 the cost.

Anarchy, I could tell a really funny story about a lifetime Ford tech who taught auto tech in school here in the mid '70s. He challenged brother and I to a race once the class year long Ford 427 Galaxie drag car project was done. He wanted to 'stomp' our 390 inch AMX into the ground, the results were quite a blow to his ego................my little brother actually swiped the condenser in the distributor to mess with him and the guy gave up trying to get it started, he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Spent three days with the class helping him before brother revealed the truth of it. At race day a month later the AMC car dusted the Galaxie so bad it was unbelievable and with most of the class present.

Water in oil there indicates PCV not working fully as elsolo suggested, all I said was that there was water in the oil........................and now you seem to agree.