Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What do you think about 2013 Focus SE SFE?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomenter View Post
I have not taken the delivery yet (not paid), but will do it tomorrow. I would have preferred SE Sedan but they did not have it in stock. One is coming in 10 days but the price is going to be $1000 higher... It is like paying $1000 just for the alloy wheels (MSRP 20,084). I had a deal for 15,450 otd. MSRP was 20,180

Also, i have not driven that specific vehicle yet. Do 2013s still have transmission problems?
It seems that the 2013s are better, but issues are still there. The real issue is the Ford dealer network which has been, and probably continues to be, spectacularly unprepared to deal with DCT issues (aided by Ford of course, which hasn't been a lot of help). If the transmission falls out of the car, the dealer can handle it. If it's a driveability issue (shudders, grinding, et al) you are likely hear: "It's normal" or "could not duplicate". In others words, you're doomed. On the bright side, odds are pretty high you'll get a good one. Are the odds of getting a "good" transmission as high as they are for a Civic, Corolla, Imprezza, etc? Of course not.