Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What's the easiest way to remove tail lights on the hatchback?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
Ger's 2012 Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107783
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Ger's 2012 Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay, as I ponder the ramifications of doing this, I realize that maybe I do not need to remove the light assembly unit at all, but merely need to disconnect the wiring harness from the light in order to plug in a "T" adapter to run the trailer wiring harness down to where that would connect. So WHY would I (or someone in a place that specializes in hooking up electrical connections for trailers, like U-Haul) need to uncouple the entire light assembly from the body when all I need to do is trace where the plug is connected to the back of the ass'y and unplug IT? Or has Ford come up with an INGENIUS way of having to remove the light from the body in order to disconnect the wiring harness? This problem is getting WAY too involved for what would seem to be a simple solution! Can someone point out a simple solution here, or do I already have the one-word solution of simply "SELL!"?