View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #54
Paul P
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75111
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3, 71 Chevelle 408

FF Reputation: 2 Paul P Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I put MX-3000 suspension kit on my ZX3 a while back now. I love it! I also installed a complete Prothane urethane bushing kit while I was at it. The only trouble i ran into was with rear lower control arm cam bolts in the middle of the car. I had to grind into the bushing until I hit the bolt all the way from one end of the bushing to the other. Once I got through and sprayed it they let go. They are totally covered with anti-seize now and should not be a problem. I did have to purchase 2 things to complete the kit. One of them has not been mentioned in this post the SVT dust boots for the front struts. I bought those along with the front strut mounts that are needed to complete the kit. Next was the 17" SVT wheels from Tasca Ford on an E-Bay auction that I got for $350! They were on E-Bay new for sale individually. I had 4 windows open bidding on them until they ended to make sure I got a set of 4. I got lucky and scored them for cheap. What a difference with some Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires on them. Lastly was the Massive Strut tower brace. That was the biggest noticeable difference after getting used to the suspension. I highly recommend the brace for the front. It really ties everything together. There is a design flaw in the front strut mounts IMO. The plastic spring pocket locator is weak. A little wheel hop at the drag strip or on the street will break it. I have the Autozone mounts in there now so when the go bad it is just a swap.