View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I get what you are trying to do but I think it's going to fall on deaf ears. You will have much better luck with your issues by going to the dealer and hounding them to fix your problems until you are satisfied. If they refuse, go to another dealer. I was fortunate to have my dealer fix all of my issues on one visit. Albeit a 5 day visit, the car was fixed when I got it back. My issues were MFT, trans shudder, and the epass steering issue. The dealer updated my MFT, updated my trans, and replaced the epass rack. I have not had the front end strut noise many complain about. I do have rattles in headliner and door panels, but most of the time I have my radio so loud I can't hear them, so it's moot to me. When the headliner falls, I will take it to the dealer to be fixed.

Can you elaborate on the poor performance below 45 degrees? Is this a trans issue? I know the trans will shift differently when it's cold but I have not had this issue yet. Coldest temps we have so far is in the high 20's at night and 30's by the time I'm driving.

The rolling back on a hill is by design. It's called HSA Hill Start Assist. It's not just a Ford thing. Basically the way it works is when you remove your foot from the brake on a hill, the car will remain stationary for 2-3 seconds. After the delay HSA releases and the car is free to roll like a manual trans would.