Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - MK3 to ST front end conversion part numbers!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #19
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerschro View Post
There are clones of lots of cars out there. I think it is perfectly fine if someone wants to do the front of their car with the st bumper. I like it too! Don't really care if it is 'real' or not, it's still just a car mod like any other. plastidip or paint or wheels or what have you, we do with our cars as we want. I have a '67 galaxie convertible that is trimed as an LTD even though there was never a production LTD convertible. It's still the same car. Thanks for the list and prices. For those who like the LOOK it is a viable alternative to buying the whole car. I'd like an ST but don't want to give up on the SEL features such as heated leather seats, Tan interior, color, gas milage, etc. Seems like the trim kit would fit the bill!
No one is denying that. I wasn't telling him I was going to make fun of his ride for not being an ST if he leaves the badge on there untouched. I was only offering a suggestion for him should he choose to NOT want to be just another clone of a car.

I've seen plenty of times the same thing happen whether it's classic cars or modern cars, customizing is customizing, and people can do what they please. I saw no harm in offering a suggestion should he choose to want to differentiate his car from the ST.
Sonic Crew #28