Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
cri33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104111
What I Drive: 2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 cri33 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Power Door actuator Removal

Yeah no simple 30 min job unless you maybe have done it before. Removing the door handle is easy. 2 screws. However getting the mechanism out that controls the rod that operates the latch is not. I am still not sure how to do it since it is hard to see in there even with a high intensity light. I thought it would just pull free when both screws were out. That doesn't seem to be the case. And once you do have it loose it appears you need to pull everything out at once because the rod connects the door latch mechanism to the actuator assembly. Am I missing something here? Then of course you have to replace the part and put it all back in. Hope that isn't any harder than removing it. This is not a job for people who aren't willing to be patient and maybe learn something. I strongly recommend that people study the video clips closely, have the correct tools, a shop manual, and maybe a buddy who can help you out when you get disgusted. It might save a lot of work, maybe breakage of parts, and your sanity. And remember that once the assembly is out there is no way to latch the door closed. Pretty fair size job.