Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Buying a new car while In
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Notcolorblind
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93906
What I Drive: 2003, Red, SVTF

Points 414, Level 8
Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8 Points: 414, Level: 8
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 Notcolorblind Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO.army.1969 View Post
Keep you 06. If you want a new car thats fine your not going to be doing any driving till boot camp and you schooling is done you are looking at 3 to 6 months or more. Save all the money you can while in trainning. your base pay will be $1787.35 as an E-3. You could put a nice down payment on a car if you do so. The only bills you will have are the ones you bring in with you phone, car payment ect. If none than the only thing you will have to pay for is haircuts each week $12. Good luck
This is great advice, you want to save as much as you can while in school (Marines "donate"majority of their money in boot). Avoid impulse spending as much as you can.
Purchasing your first new car can be a great experience but BEWARE there have been many Airmen before you and I'll bet my own kidneys there are many local dealers nearby your base that have scammed many servicemen before and will continue to do so. So choose your dealer wisely!
My best advice if you do decide to buy a new car is ask you parents (If they have good credit) to co-sign for you and buy your car from your hometown if youre being stationed stateside. That way you get a good rate on your new car and you can drive your new ride to report to your unit of duty.

Best of luck, and make the most of it.