Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #39
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardSkills View Post
Coincidentally I was at the Mazda dealer the other day browsing for fun and immediately sat in the 3 on the dealer floor. Anyone who claims to be "trading-up" is fooling themselves and knows it. And yes, they also had the 'Speed 3 inside too, which I had to check the window sticker to make sure it was the performance version as the interiors were identical. I'm sure they drive just fine and all, but no one can defend that cheap interior sea of black plastic. For me it was like a time-warp back to the early 2000's: hard plastics, minuscule screens, drab colors. Not to mention the Nissan Versa-style "body looks too big for the frame" styling.

But hey, enjoy the Mazda. Just remember that without that Ford $$ coming in you won't be seeing many advancements save for more witty marketing lingo selling you the same old as new. (skyactiv, what does this even mean?)
Err...what? Ford doesn't give any money to Mazda...they were re-purchased by a Japanese organization years ago. Ford owns like 2-3% of them again now. You're not "fooling" yourself by trading to a Mazda 3 if you like it better than the Focus. Many people have quite severe problems with the Focus. If the car works, it's an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Did you get the 5.3 inch touchscreen in yours? It's maybe only offered on the 13s. Anyways, if you have the tiny 3 inch screen, your Bluetooth audio will not show title & artist information and you will not be able to get texts on lots of phones, including iPhones. Just FYI. Not bashing Mazda.
Umm...even on the MFT system bluetooth audio doesn't show title & artist information, and doesn't get text on a lot of phones, including iPhones (any running iOS6, which is most now). That's no different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsterG View Post
My Focus was more than ready for prime time. Almost 38,000 miles on it and it has it has an infotainment system that actually works, with buttons that are usable by human hands, as well as a non-grinding, non-shuddering, smooth shifting 6 speed auto trans AND great seats and a quiet ride that make long trips so enjoyable. And not one trip to the dealer for any warranty issues. But Mazda is an OK car or why would Ford own part of them?
But that's not the same experience that *everyone* is having. Mine had 30,355 miles on it and the MFT system had more problems than I care to explain, had a grinding and shuddering transmission, and now had more squeaks and rattles than the 2005 Cobalt (absolute base-model) that it replaced.

And, again, Ford does not own any kind of noticeable amount of the company. They have no say in what the company does and don't receive/give funding from/to them.