kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
How can it be unfortunate to sell almost 80,000 more Focus then the year previously.
My point is that if Focus sales increased the same as the competition due to an increase in overall car sales, then all that was accomplished is maintaining the status quo which is less impressive (but nonetheless important).

Now it is impressive that the Focus's gain was second only to the Civic and it rose from 6th in the segment last year to 3rd this year as FF4 points out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
IMO this very positive news proves the old boys club at FoMoCo & many journalists who said Americans would never pay for the real global Focus WRONG.
There is something to this but it has to be tempered with the question, how would sales have fared without the nearly continuous $1.5k to $2k rebates throughout 2012? Seems to me the Focus's incentives were the highest in the segment. The Civic and Cruze had some good lease deals, but I don't ever remember seeing $2,000 cash on their hoods.

I don't think Ford has yet convinced Americans to pay an actual premium for their compact. Hopefully the Fusion and Escape fare better at attaining premium status.