Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #177
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Yes, it's incorrect. I've run out, as well.

And I'm glad someone else noticed that the only people thinking it's not a big deal are people that it doesn't really affect. For those of us that live in areas where salt on a road is a necessity during the winter...this is downright dangerous. Getting onto the highway before finding out you have no windshield wiper fluid is a *big* deal. I usually carry a small reservoir in my trunk during the winter, but only because I realized the warning light doesn't work.

For people living in non-salty areas...imagine driving down the road and someone throwing white paint all over your windshield. Then realizing you have no way to wipe it off...and you're still traveling at 70mph with traffic all around. Now come back to this thread and think before posting.
Yup... having no fluid in winter can be deadly. Its not uncommon in my area to use an entire bottle of fluid going to and from your destination.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD