Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #28
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Seems like you got a really good deal on the Mazda3 at 21% off MSRP. Truecar shows an average savings of about 15% off MSRP on 12s. I bought my 13 Focus Ti at 16% off MSRP and thought I got an excellent deal.

I've owned a 06 Mazda3 and a 11 Mazdaspeed3 and can say they're great cars. My complaints, as many have already said, are there is too much road noise in the cabin at highway speeds and the Bose 10 speaker system is weak. But everyone is different and you seem to love your new car so congrats!

By the way, did you see the redesigned Mazda6 while you were there? It's not on sale yet but I saw one at my dealer on Wednesday and I love the way it looks on the outside and it's very roomy inside. The only sedan sexier is the new Fusion, in my opinion. I worry about the weak 180ish hp Skyactiv gas engine they're only offering initially though.
Actually I DID see the new (2014) M6. They had a loaded red one in the showroom, and it was very nice, although I bet they're around $30K for a decent one. There was a big sign on it saying ... we can't give test rides, or any pricing information, until it's officially released.

I owned an M6 hatchback in 2005 I think it was ... a totally unremarkable car as far as I was concerned ... I wished I had gotten a 3 at that time instead of the 6.

Funny you mentioned the deal I got too ... when I picked up the car last night the finance guy said I was the winner of the best deal of the year. Turns out they were giving the $17.2K price on the $20.4K car, but NOT 0% financing together, and I got the good price, 0% financing, AND had the $1400 Bose and moonroof combo thrown in.

Agreed ... the Bose system isn't as good as it could be, but it's really only about a $300 upgrade considering the moonroof is about $900 of the $1400 price, and invoice for the package is about $1200. It's a lot better than any standard car stereo though ... that's for sure. I really love the moonroof though ... probably wouldn't have gotten it if I had had to actually pay for it.

REV