GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Unfortunately the Focus's increase was due in part to the increase of the overall segment it appears. The Civic was up 61% and sold almost 50% better than the Focus, despite near universal deriding by the automotive press. The Elantra was up 46%. The Cruze very nearly beat the Focus despite being up 'only' 27%.

At least the Focus was Ford's second best selling model this month after the F150. Usually it's behind the Fusion and Escape I think.
How can it be unfortunate to sell almost 80,000 more Focus then the year previously. IMO this very positive news proves the old boys club at FoMoCo & many journalists who said Americans would never pay for the real global Focus WRONG. Remember the excuse given over and over, when Ford was asked over & over again why North Americans were saddled with the bargain special Focus, while the rest of the world got the highly praised Focus.
For a car that had to not only win over consumers perception that a Focus is the settle for car choice based on price only, but also consumers who would never have had a Ford compact car on their radar when considering their next purchase, the Focus has accomplished what Ford (Alan Mulally) set out to accomplish.

The Focus was not built to be a one size fits all type of A-B car, like the Corolla or Civic. So I would never expect it to win any sales races in North America.