Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Picked up a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring SkyActiv 6A with Bose system and moonroof. MSRP $21,800 for $17,200 with 0% financing for 60 months. Bought it at the very last minute of their huge year-end incentives ... literally .... finished the deal at 9PM yesterday. They needed one more sale (I didn't know until afterward) to hit a milestone for that period and I happened to be there. We were $500 apart in the negotiations at 8:30 and the regional sales manager happened to be there while I was negotiating. I was getting up to walk, and then he offered to throw in the Bose/moonroof package (worth $1400 on the sticker) for free in the exact same, but different car. SOLD !!
REV
Seems like you got a really good deal on the Mazda3 at 21% off MSRP. Truecar shows an average savings of about 15% off MSRP on 12s. I bought my 13 Focus Ti at 16% off MSRP and thought I got an excellent deal.

I've owned a 06 Mazda3 and a 11 Mazdaspeed3 and can say they're great cars. My complaints, as many have already said, are there is too much road noise in the cabin at highway speeds and the Bose 10 speaker system is weak. But everyone is different and you seem to love your new car so congrats!

By the way, did you see the redesigned Mazda6 while you were there? It's not on sale yet but I saw one at my dealer on Wednesday and I love the way it looks on the outside and it's very roomy inside. The only sedan sexier is the new Fusion, in my opinion. I worry about the weak 180ish hp Skyactiv gas engine they're only offering initially though.