Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #52
spazzboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99648
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 spazzboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Start/Stop tech is awesome.
I've had it on my rental BMWs while in Belgium, and it does help with saving fuel while city driving (even with the manual transmission). Honestly, it is seamless. You will not notice it interfering with your driving habits at all. It is also safe, in the sense that the engine starts up right away as soon as your right foot eases off the brake or the left foot engages the clutch. I'm disappointed it hasn't trickled down to NA yet.

At $1.30-$1.45 per liter of gas (roughly $6-$6.50 USD per gallon), you will appreciate the savings.

Now, for the OP, I don't see why you rate RWD cars as a negative, as I would rate it a plus (and I live in Winterland). Once you take high performance driving education (HPDE)courses, you will learn that RWD cars are safer and more fun for the experienced driver. Unfortunately, most cars, not just FWD cars, are engineered to understeer since most drivers panic easily behind the wheel.