Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT Clutch Setup Issue
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Bradwx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108045
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3, 04 Mazda6, 03 Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 Bradwx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT Clutch Setup Issue

My first post here. I am new to the SVT world but I want a 6spd car and cannot afford a Mini Cooper S.

Here is the history of the car. I got a 2000 ZX3 with a bad MTX-75 transmission. It was modified before I purchased the car. It has the header pipe and stainless exhaust, SVT rear brake set-up, and lowered suspension. The car has about 117k miles.

The engine and tramission are out and ready to be switched over.

I got a good deal on the SVT swap for the tranmission. It came with the getrag tranmission, shifter cables, shifter, axles, clutch and pressure plate. Since the clutch disc has minimal wear i decided to purchase a flywheel.

The engine and tramission are out and ready to be switched over.

This is where the problem begins. The purchased flywheel seems to be an aftermarket SPEC aluminum flywheel and the LUK disc and pressure plate do not fit. I am almost certain the LUK clutch is correct. The disc is the correct width and fits the input shaft.

Does Anyone know if the SPEC setup uses a smaller clutch disc.

I will try to return the flywheel to the yard I picked it up from and try to get the correct LUK flywheel.
The SPEC flywheel is all aluminum (except the disc surface) and is very light.

Thanks
Brad