Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Dreading the "To Do" on the SVT... need pointers...
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #21
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
The t-belt is an easy job for the mechanically inclined, not so easy for others. If you do take it to a shop(which I don't recommend), make sure it's one that has done this before, on an SVTF. Reason being, most shops screw this up. I have done 8 of these and know it takes about 3 hours, you should change the water pump as well as the serpentine belt and you DO NEED the timing tools. Forget about the white dot crap. The belt walks 6 teeth per revolution. I have the Ford workshop manual on this that gives you specific step by step pics and instructions, if you're interested. I can email it to you. Also, did you change your valve cover gasket before changing the T-stat housing? If not, that's the reason the O-ring goes bad in the housing. Oil leaks down the head and onto the housing, look for yourself.
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM