Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #1759
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 5,525, Level 47
Points: 5,525, Level: 47 Points: 5,525, Level: 47 Points: 5,525, Level: 47
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
I think you read my reply wrong - I was kinda of agreeing with you on this - I often have the pedal to the floor on some on ramps here. I love the feeling of this car, which is why I think mine appears fine. It's never been babied - from day one it's been driven hard.

Sure, the mileage suffers - but still getting 10 MPG more then the Mustang it replaced.
Oh by don't break in you meant don't drive easy. Got it.

It's kind of ironic though that the transmission Ford chose for their mass market compact primarily for its fuel efficiency advantage (as per their marketing materials) can start to behave poorly if driven for the best fuel efficiency (i.e. very lightly). Reinforces my belief they should have saved the DCT for an enthusiast trim level of the car, maybe the Ti. Hyundai and Chrysler seem to have reserved their DCTs for only more entusiast oriented models or trim levels.

I do like the DCT when it's behaving well, and I sure do love to operate in a high RPM band frequently with this car...