Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Suggestions for information screen
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #35
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,876, Level 66
Points: 9,876, Level: 66 Points: 9,876, Level: 66 Points: 9,876, Level: 66
Level Up 57% Completed
Level up: 57% Level up: 57% Level up: 57%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
I'd like to see this too. I think it would be good to add it in the trip info. So you could scroll down to it if you wanted to see it. I know the car is capable of getting a digital speed because it tells me the cruise control speed I set it at.

Better yet...release an SDK so programmers like me could really have some fun with it!
Press and hold the left control wheel's ok button from at least a second or two before turning the car over and hold it until the car says test, then scroll up or down through the test mode screens and you can get a digital speedometer but in the process you give up all other functions of the trip computer until you either press and hold ok until it exits test mode or when you restart the car next time without doing this.

This doesn't break anything, but its not the ideal way to get what you were asking for.

You can see the engine temperature, engine speed, vehicle speed, etc in test mode.

You will have to look at the gear shift lever and follow the tach if you were to shift it manually, or to engage the cruise control as they won't show up on the test screen.