Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - questions about your old drag car and lentech
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
questions about your old drag car and lentech

hey tom. i tried a search and failed miserably so i figured i would just ask in a thread so it could be on record for anyone who wants to know in the future. as you know i am in the middle of a build to make 450whp on pump gas and if possible i want to occasionally push it to 600ish on race gas just to blow peoples minds on dyno days. my issue is with getting the transmission to hold all of that because i would still like to be able to drive the car on the street on the weekends and when i get into that power range i will be dropping the trans to change the clutch ever 15-20k miles. i also have an issue with the driveability of such a heavy clutch.

so my questions are these: what special bit did your lentech ATX have that made it strong enough to hold 735whp? the strongest trans i see on their site now is rated at 500whp. also what kind of life would one of those transmissions have at the 450whp range? would the lentech ATX last for a reasonable length of time between rebuilds as long as i dont regularly do high rev launches on 10 inch slicks. i know the ATX will be faster but what i am trying to figure out is whether or not it will be worth the money in the long run because im looking at $3000 for a lentech ATX and $1200 for a twin disk clutch that i will have to replace every 20k miles or so. so if the ATX lasts 50k miles or so i would call it a worth while investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!