Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #1757
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,210, Level 51
Points: 6,210, Level: 51 Points: 6,210, Level: 51 Points: 6,210, Level: 51
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
He's an engineer for a company that is a supplier to many in the automotive world. (Ford, GM, BWM, Telsa, Fiskar are their bread and butter clients)

And I personally feel that this is a combination of many different things but being lumped into a single container here.

Some are bad parts (happens), some are bad dealers screwing it up even further because they do not know their products, some are just plain major defects from the start.

And some people are just picky - this is never going to feel like an regular automatic.
Well I'll trust my own experience over an auto supplier engineer. And I'm not claiming to be breaking in any hardware. It very well may be that the clutches break in on their own with even the lightest of driving style. My personal opinion is the 5 hard accels "resets" the software in some way. Just like 12B37 "reset" it for the worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
And this why Ford should use the hyundai plan - jack our warranties up to 100k/10 years to ensure they are behind this car and they want happy (repeat) customers.
Agreed. Anyone know if Ford has ever done this before? I'm doubtful since the 4th gen Explorers with the v6 have chronic radiator problems that ford has apparently never acknowledged. They complain about that over on the Explorer forums almost as much as the dct here.