Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - R&R front powerdoor lock actuator
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cri33 View Post
I thought those actuators had a high failure rate. That is what I heard anyway. I am working on pulling the outside door handle now. It should be off by tomorrow. I guess that is part of the key to getting the actuator out of there. So either I will fix it myself or I will mess it all up and the door will not even close either. Guess we will see. I will go through CL and see what I can find. Girl on ebay has actuator/latch for $40.
Fyi, a few nice videos showing the procedure for replacing the door latch assembly on a 2000 thru 2007 Focus can be found on youtube. Please know I'm not suggesting you search for them. I'm only alerting you that they exist in case you're curious. I'm not clear how the guy removed the metal latch unit from the door without removing the attached plastic frame, but it seemed to show that it's possible. I installed and removed the whole subassembly as one system. Someone might chime in to explain how to remove only the latch because it seems to be shielded by the plastic frame. Perhaps somebodyt that did the job a dozen times can work blindly inside the door with a tiny torx wrench and wiggle it out, I don't know.