Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #1754
WizardSkills
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100116
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A 5-door

Points 646, Level 12
Points: 646, Level: 12 Points: 646, Level: 12 Points: 646, Level: 12
Level Up 92% Completed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 WizardSkills Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
I stay up with these posts, as I am leary of the longevity of the DCT. Mine started out with the shudder, got better, then started shuddering (a little) again. Other than that, no issues. I can manually outshift, and beat a '94 Mustang GT. And still get 36MPG's. The Sony stereo is awesome, and I still love this car, but, and this is important, I am praying that Ford gets a grip on these complaints, figures out what's wrong, & right, and can make these rides into what they should be. I traded a Honda to get one of these. I had rented a Focus for a week before I decided to buy. I found the rental to be Far Superior to the Honda in Ride, Fit, and comfort. Now that I bought, I still am happy with all of the above, but am apprehensive on the longevity of it. Listen up Ford, this is a car we are wanting, we just need to know we can count on it!
Perfectly stated and mirrors my experience exactly. I am loving this car, I just want to be reassured as to its longevity.
2009 Town Car SigLim-sold
1999 Ranger Toreador Red XLT 4x4 Off-Road-sold