Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #1738
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuozc View Post
Could you please provide more detail about the "ole's 5 hard accelerations". I read from one of the previous posts a list of "adaptive driving cycle"... (13 steps of strange things to do, which will take 20-40 mins). Shall I do that? My se is getting the clutch replaced now. Thanks!
Your dealer should do whatever drive cycle is necessary based on the work they're doing.

No, this is as simple as going out to a country road, stopping in the middle of it, and then flooring the accelerator. Get to 60mph plus, then gently come to a stop and repeat 4 times.

Someone on here recommended it to me when I started having shuddering problems back in March or so. It pretty much made the shuddering go away until I got the 12B37 update when it came back. And it made the suddering go away again recently when the shuddering became worse after getting my clutches replaced in November.

Which tells me the hard accelerations are somehow positively affecting the software, adaptive learning, etc.