PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Have you seen the way most people tend to drive? At least around here they are usually leadfooting it all the time or puttering around in heavy traffic, most of the time going well over the speed limit and getting upset when they can't meet the mpg on a dynomometer test in the real world when their driving is poles apart.

There are fewer people who seem to be able to consistently beat the epa ratng no matter what. Considering the test was created by the EPA and if the test was run accurately those are the figures, it doesn't mean its easily achieveable in the real world with hills, freezing temperatures, and other impediments to high miles/gallon.
True - but I was just stating that the Prius EPA estimates are pretty much spot-on with the Fuelly numbers. One thing that could be hindering that C-Max's were just released so the first numbers coming up on fuelly are in the winter when people tend to start their cars to let them heat up - not to mention God knows how much ethanol in the gasoline that I don't believe is in the gas when EPA tests are done. Perhaps the ethanol effects the engine differently than it does in the Prius. Who knows?