Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Place to Stash a Gun?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #35
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 36 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake420 View Post
I've been mulling about a gun for a long time, but can't seem to work up the nerve for one. Its personally just too much power and responsibility. So I've been thinking of mounting a small to medium knife between the driver's seat and the center console by the seat belt.

I figure in an emergency situation I would be quicker and more proficient with a blade as things would likely be happening at a close range. Plus my right side would conceal it the draw as just unbuckling my belt. A gun would probably work better, but its a compromise I think could work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumbleGeek View Post
Actually snake, ive been considering the same thing... in calgary (and most of canada as far as i know) you can carry a blade up to four inches concealed, so heres what im thinking... drivers side, between seat and door somewhere. Reason being that youd go from unarmed to armed without the suspect knowing... well, until you've slashed him or stabbed him....

Sent From Sierra3 Via FF Mobile
Be careful whether you chose to carry a firearm or whether you chose a knife. I've been trained in the military to handle both efficiently. Both take considerable practice and skill to master. Practice makes perfect. Just because you feel safer with a knife or a gun doesn't actually mean you're safe.

Just a word of caution: Anytime you pull out a gun or a knife the situation you WERE in is gone because the everything just escalated and it's a whole new ballgame. Meaning, once you pull anything you better be prepared to do something with it, and whatever you decide to do better work, otherwise it's likely game over.

That's why it is so vitally important to be proficient in your chosen self defense technique.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner