Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - What's the easiest way to remove tail lights on the hatchback?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger's 2012 Focus View Post
If I am understanding all the threads, you all seem to be talking about removing the light BULBS themselves that are enclosed inside. What I would like to know is how is it possible to remove the lenses on the outside of the body? Some clown was trying to remove the left side lense to connect the trailer connection at UHaul and somehow cracked the outside left lense on the edge. Yes they ARE going to replace it, as I have the documents thru their insurance that says they are gonna do that. I just wonder if they will give me enough money to purchase one. My next trip is down to the dealer to inquire about the cost of one of these beasts and also to see what the cost of installing the wiring harness for the trailer hookup will be, and if they can even do it.[bootyshak
No, what they are saying is that to remove the housings from the body you first have to unscrew the wing nuts, but don't drop them as its a pain in the rear to get them back again. The bulbs need to be disconnected from the wiring harness in order to remove the housings from the body.

The fasteners that attach the lamps to the body are secured behind the rear cargo trim and or lift gate trim on the hatch.