Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Cylinder 1 Misfire? Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Update, then off to bed for work.

Just took it on the highway for a quick drive after reading some topics on coil problems. i think i have a wire or coil problem. what do you guys think?

i just left my place with it. driving around Normal or a little fast no problem, got on the on ramp to the highway, floored it. and it took off but was bogging when flooring it. as if i was pumping the gas. which i wasent. i had my foot all the way down. driving in 6th gear down the highway, it was fine. but would ocasinally randomly bog. got off the highway went under the over pass and got back on flooring it from a 2nd gear roll all the way to 75. No problem! took off like a supercharged focus. then off the highway home, bogged sometimes when i took off. was completely normal at others. it has a mind of its own it would seem. ill be busy at work till friday. just got off early today. but i dont think ill mess with it till saturday. what should i check for first? am i on the right trail assuming its coil related? i did get new spark plugs. i can change them sat too.

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC