Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Cylinder 1 Misfire? Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cylinder 1 Misfire? Help!

Alright. so some of you know. some of you don't. i have a Svt Ford Focus i bought to use the Engine and transmission etc to rip out and put in a kit car i'm about to get started on. how ever, i got the car for a steal. due to the fact that its needed some work. its not my daily driver. so i dont drive it much.. and today i started it up and went and got it washed so it wouldent look so sad out side. well the check engine light is on due to the fact that i have a Supercharger and no tune. yet. (waiting till i have some money for that) well i went to auto zone just to have them hook up to it and make sure it was not throwing up new codes. well it is. two.

i have noticed if i floor it, it bogs down. but then. Takes off! i thought this was due to a lack of a good tune which i plan on getting from tom. but i do not currently have the $ to toss out.

well im starting to think i am having ignition coil problems/or wire problems to the coil. i have a new "Cylinder one misfire code" and a "lean bank one sensor" or two.. i cant remember now.

Not sure if this makes a difference.. but as i said. i don't drive it as much as i should, when i started it up today. well. it didnt. battery was gone. so i got in my other car and tok the battery to auto zone. and i did get a new battery and put it in but i don't think that would be the issue.

today's car wash turned out to be an eventful/expensive focus check up day i need to start driving it at least once a week. and i want to fix these issues before i start my build!

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC