Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 15,000 Hurricane Sandy cars up for auction.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #20
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,653, Level 78
Points: 14,653, Level: 78 Points: 14,653, Level: 78 Points: 14,653, Level: 78
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
The insurance companies own the vehicles, that's what they do when a car is "totaled", they buy it off you.

So you want the insurance companies to eat a huge loss by not recovering scrap value for the property they own.

That is your call for government involvement, making the government force the insurance companies to crush their junk cars.

You want dramatics, how about a poorly thought out appeal for more laws and regulations to protect stupid people from their own stupidity.

P.S.: I don't buy salvage vehicles. If you don't know what you are looking at when buying used equipment, go lease a new Kia. Call you insurance agent and tell him you are going to buy a salvage vehicle, see if you will be saving any money, you won't.
This was what you said... think about how anyone else would read it.
Originally Posted by elsolo
So you want the government to pay the current owners of the vehicles, or should they be forced to lose their investment?

Should this be done only for big floods, or anytime insurance totals out a vehicle?

What other personal property rights do you favor eliminating?

you make it sound like the owners are going to lose everything on their vehicle if the govt doesn't step in and do something.

And then you turn around and say the same thing I did... scrap. you just put it as scrap value. I said turn itno metal shards... a scrap yard would do that now wouldn't they, or does your neighbor happen to have a shredder in his back yard? (even if he did he sell it for scrap).