Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Navigation and Back Up Camera
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
bigdesignmachine
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73457
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 1 bigdesignmachine Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Im curious as to why the camera cant be added once the car has left the showroom. Is this to say that it can be added prior to us taking possession of our ST and taking it home?

If that is the case, it would seem logical that Ford would just simple add the option of the backup camera to the ST.

I know larger cars running MFT and LFT have backup cameras. The Focus in general; especially the hatchback models, would have benefited from the backup camera simply due to their small rear windows and limited viewing.

There are a couple short sighted choices Ford made on the ST that I wish could / would be remedied with newer models of the ST. This is one of them that drives me nuts.

I always thought of the SVT and now ST as the Focus you bought because you wanted extra power, sexier looks, and some creature comforts that even the top of line trim package wouldnt get you on a trim under the SVT / ST.

This doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hi, shineboy -

Congrats on the new ST! As close as I get to one is playing Need For Speed.

To answer your question, the back up camera cannot be added once the vehicle has left the factory.

Please don't hesitate to give me a shout if I can help with anything else.

Jaclyn