Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Looking for aftermarket Ignition / Fuel systems
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
x1d9m8b8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96974
What I Drive: 2003 White ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 x1d9m8b8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looking for aftermarket Ignition / Fuel systems

I'm building a drag car and was initially going to use the factory ecu, but after doing an auto to manual swap and other things it appears its going to be a pita to tune, so I'd like to rip it out and do it the "old school" way. It's still going to be injected, been searching online, and unless I'm looking right at what I need I cant find what I'm looking for.
The Engine and Trani are done and ready to be dropped in, just need a tune... or a complete aftermarket setup.

2003 2.3L Focus - AUTO (now a 5-speed MTX75, posi - Stage 5 500ft-lb clutch / lightweight flywheel)

Mods:
Ported / Polished. 3-angle, +1 valves. Stage 5 cams: .400/.400 lift 8500rpm redline
t3/t4 hybrid turbo @ 30psi intercooled
8.5:1 +20over pistons + hbeam rods
Modified cast crank + BSD
Cosworth Intake
NOS

Looking for:

Standalone Ignition System
Standalone Fuel System

I've found multiple ignition systems but unsure of what needs to go with them, most of them are MSD but the details are kind of vague... they say what they do but not what is actually needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If i rip the computer starting would be much easier as it would eliminate the PATS and I'm going to install a simple toggle - push button start.

This is NOT going to be a Daily Driver.