Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Anyone thinking hood pins?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #24
Tommyatomic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105916
What I Drive: MK3 FocusHatch 5SPD, '93 RHD WRX

Points 183, Level 3
Points: 183, Level: 3 Points: 183, Level: 3 Points: 183, Level: 3
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Tommyatomic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
On the stock factory metal hood the only function of hoodpins would be as a cosmetic affectation. For cosmetic purposes who other than Satan's proctologist would think thats a good look on a focus?

I get if you actually need hoodpins. Then use the locking pins. They dont look too bad, if you absolutely need hoodpins.

My jdm WRX has factory hoodvents(not to be confused with the hoodscoop for the TMIC). They are quite functional. They serve a purpose. They allow hot air to escape the engine bay. If they were merely cosmetic I would have covered over them with fiberglass and repainted the hood. Having a non-functional bit of "flair" for the sake of flare is as ghetto as the people that use doublesided tape to stick a nonfunctional hoodscoop on the hood of their car.

Things like that can look "cool" because of the function they represent. For instance a functional hoodscoop looks cool because it means cowl induction or a tmic.

Hoodpins on a factory hood just mean that your hoodlatch is broken. a broken hoodlatch isnt cool.