Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Trade-in Value? Looking to trade this week -- Fully loaded Titanium
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #73
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
You bought a nice Honda, I think it looks better than the Focus and probably has a lot more room. The nice thing is they hold their value extremely well and it should give you several thousand trouble free miles.

As for navigation, dealers charge way too much for it. I can't see paying extra for that when my smart phone does the same thing and much much more.

The Pi is pretty amazing for a $35 SoC but it's doesn't take much to peg the CPU. I have A2DP, PAN, and HFP working in addition to the touchscreen but it's just too much so I am using the BT features of MFT for now. I'll be moving to a dual core Cortex A9 based Android on a Stick as soon as I can get Linux running reasonably stable on it.

Here's some pics of my set up inside the Focus, it is running Pandora and streaming the audio over MFT. I'd show navigation but then everybody would know where I live lol!. I plan on moving into a gen 1 or 2 Subaru within the next few months and then I'll replace the gauge cluster with touchscreens.

Looks pretty slick, but that's a lot of cables LOL I'd love to add a Pi somewhere in the dash, but it wouldn't really integrate into the system except for audio. It would be great to integrate the navigation into a Pi system like that, but then I'd have to put it somewhere...and that I'm not too sure about. The dash looks *clean* and putting anything else somewhere would clutter it I think.

Either way, this is vastly superior car. It's got a *lot* more room. It's exactly 1" wider, and exactly 20" longer...and it shows. I'm 6'3" and always had to scoot up my seat in the Focus when people were in the back. In this thing, I don't scoot it up and the people in the back have a good 5"+ more legroom than they need. Add a huge trunk, and it's fantastic. Plus it has way more power and a phenomenal manual transmission.