Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - noobish query on headlight bulb replace and grill
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
BigMikeD215
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97925
What I Drive: 2005 Tan ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 BigMikeD215 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
noobish query on headlight bulb replace and grill

Soooo,

I wanna swap out my stock headlights with some sylvania SSU's and change the grill to the black variant and not the stock chrome. I took a gander today out of sure boredom and come to find out ford likes to be like a Volkswagen and make a simple install 3x more difficult. I wanted to take each headlight out and try to change the bulbs that way considering my older piece of chid toyota was dented and busted but i have a fairly good idea how the process works. But some said online all it takes is the removal of the water cover and wiriing harness and grasping the jelly lid style mount and getting that loose to turning the bulb counter clock and boom.. Haaaa yea no thats awkward and i gave up for the time being I cant afford a loose assembly and no lights at all. so i said screw it and come back to it.

on to the grill I realize its much easier once you get the plastic shroud thats in the way... only to find out that it just doesnt come off via the screws it looks like there a nut on the other side. do you really have to remove the fron bumper to get to the underside for a simple grill replacement.

LOL these things are so easy once you know what your looking at.
to ford makers.