jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The reason why I think they look "cheap" is the fact that they look like something an extra from the cast of The Fast and Furious would use. If I wanted projector housings at all I'd prefer the clean O.E. style of housing without the added twinkling LEDs. The price does seem quite high to me for something that they say is an HID projector housing but is sold if you read through it as an empty shell intended only for use with h7/h1 halogen bulbs leaving you to sort out an HID conversion kit separately.

Maybe the quality of assembly is better than the look of the product itself, but that remains to be seen.

The only difference between cheap Chinese junk and a quality product coming from China is the quality control. Most of the worlds goods are being manufactured in whole or in part in China. Although for the higher quality products there are usually more stringent quality controls than for those products intended for either the domestic market in China, or for the unscrupulous factory owner looking to make money no matter what.
I get it Ben. They look "cheap" to you because you're not a fan of the the bling. But looking cheap in your eyes and actually being cheaply made are two separate things. That is my contention, until we know for sure let's leave the "cheap" label out of it.

My understanding in speaking with the vendors is that the price of the mold was quite high. Hence the high price of the lights and the reason they are unable to offer the HID as apart of that price. They need to recoup the price of the mold. It's business and I get it.

They are not intended for "H1/H7 use only." They offer the HID kit as an add on to their headlights which suggests that housing and projectors are compatible with HID or they wouldn't offer it at all.

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out a flawed premise when it comes to this particular product being "cheap." I'm trying to give these vendors the benefit of the doubt, and "innocent until proven guilty."

EDIT: I was looking at their feedback score, which is 100%. It is a small sampling but it seems that their primary business, at least on the Bay of e, is LED headlights and taillights. All buyers, to this point, like the product they received.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner