Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Trade-in Value? Looking to trade this week -- Fully loaded Titanium
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #66
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I traded in my Focus over a week ago and picked up a 2012 Honda Civic EX. Because I went back to the same dealer that sold me the Focus and got the Honda, they gave me $16k for it on trade in. I bought it from them over 3 months ago for $17250.

My concern with the Focus wasn't with the service but the actual car itself, I had all the known issues with this car. It was at the Ford dealership 4 times in nearly the 3 months I owned it and never ran well. I asked the Ford dealership that was doing all the repairs on the my Focus how much they would give me for the car and they said $11k, yes that's right, $11k and remember, this is in Canadian dollars. If I traded it in with Ford on a new car, they would go up to $12k for trade in. Ford didn't even want their own car back, they didn't want to give me anything for it and they knew of all the issues with it!