Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Problem with flushing the brake system 03 Focus ZX5
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 3,213, Level 35
Points: 3,213, Level: 35 Points: 3,213, Level: 35 Points: 3,213, Level: 35
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
FF Reputation: 25 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was diplomatic, I said SOME of the INFORMATION was nuts, not people. Sorry you were crossed and not the intention. My 'Nope' was actually incorrect, I suppose there will always be a way to screw up everything. You have to remove the cap once in a while..............

I'd sure like to know the difference between even and uneven bubbles though..........especially when all the training on the planet says to not stop bleeding until all the air is GONE. Excuses (from toolmaker, not you) made for a nonstarter tool (in that use of course) in my view, I certainly had to take them back at the store after selling them and purchaser griped they didn't work. I quit pushing them for bleeding as every one I sold came back with complaints. Seems to me the instructions in paperwork are at war with the world. I myself know the difference in the bubbles and even/uneven doesn't enter the picture there since you will ALWAYS have an air stream if bleeder screw threads leaking. The bubbles will be more like extremely fine rather than visible big air pockets. You can stop that clouding the issue by sealing up the threads on bleeder with teflon tape. Even though that works, I never use Mityvac. Too flaky. Maybe all the people returning them for same reason have clouded my brain.

You killed m/c because you one man bled too long without momentary cap relief, the diaphragm inside makes up for fluid loss but only has so much volume. Usually bleeding has cap pulled repeatedly enough checking if more fluid needed to vent what has become suction airspace, if not the diaphragm will pull in more and more until it ruptures or by some chance a seal edge on piston rolls backwards on itself from suction, which IS possible. Yes, liquids do not compress..........