Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Problem with flushing the brake system 03 Focus ZX5
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #13
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,590, Level 98
Points: 27,590, Level: 98 Points: 27,590, Level: 98 Points: 27,590, Level: 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
They pass way too much air right at your fitting through the threads, you will seem to get air forever and it will not go away
That is covered in the directions. Even bubbles are ok, uneven bubbles are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot
'Brake fluid does not compress. So if you put the cap back on, then you have someone open up a bleeder, push fluid out, tighten the bleeder, and then let up on the pedal, things can break.'
Quote:
Nope...........
Perhaps that is a difference between one man and two man bleeding. I KOed a master cylinder with a one-man kit years ago because I put the cap back on. I can count the number of times I bled with a helper on one hand. That's why I recommend the Miti-Vac, and suggest that people read the directions which explain what happens when you use the supplied hard plastic nipples. I don't always use their plastic nipples. As much as I can, I force the clear hose over the brake nipple so there is nowhere for the vacuum action to draw air into the bleeder.

Quote:
If person inside car cannot be relied on to follow direction 100% (not 98 or 99%) correctly, then you cannot do the bleeding right. Exact communication there is essential.
And that's why I can count the number of times I've done it with a partner on one hand. The $5 one man bleeder kit is ok. I've gone through several of those, but you're just as well off with punching a hole in the top of an empty container of brake fluid then running a hose into that.

Calling people nuts doesn't make you look smarter. You do what you do, and I'll do what I do.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.